I got a ride back to Melbourne with one of the gay guys, which was handy as there were lots of teenagers trying to hitch rides from people that brought everything, the kitchen sink, wife, girlfriend and the other girlfriend, to share of course, sharing is caring, after all?
I put the festival behind me, Melbourne was in front of me and i had 2 more cookies on the way back and enjoyed all the amazing colors on the way back from the safety of the passengers seat, what a road trip.
The gay guy was getting a bit hungry, one of his comments was
'I haven't been eating cookies, like you Kieran'He probably thought i was rude not giving him a cookie, but i didn't want to say..
'Hey buddy, you dont want to be munching what i'm munching, we would be dead!'So, i was 2 night back in Melbourne and i was off again, i didn't have a clue what i was going to do in Queensland, i didn't really want to go, but i got my tax return and there was no point in hanging around in Melbourne until the end of the financial year, which is the end of next month (30 June), so it was off to a warmer climate i was, so i went off and let the Queensland experience happen and did it, what!
So, i didn't know anything, no guide book, but the first impressions of the Gold coast was:
- Expensive buses if you pay cash, get a Go card, it's 30% cheaper
- The people are really friendly
- The girls are really nice
- People are curious and not Cynical
- The coast line was really beautiful
- The people i met were from there and not passing through and it showed, it like the differences between New York and Boston
- The attitude was very laid back
- There is no rush, rush hour or rat race
- It was warm, Melbourne is a tat chilly
- The prices of houses, skate boards, surfboards were fair, if not cheap
- The houses are the old style houses that i've only seen in movies
- It's the Australia i've always wanted to experience, that doesn't exist anywhere else
- You can talk to anyone and have a chat
- There wasn't any social problems, areas that weren't good areas are quite nice
- If i'm going to buy anything in Australia, it will be there
- If i stay in Melbourne, in 10 years time i will be in the same position i'm in now
- I can take up surfing again, start skate boarding
- Your close to Byron bay, Sunshine coast, rain forests
- There is a new football team, the Gold Coast Suns, like how any team is formed, the place is growing, people will be coming and they will experience what i have and they will want that too, so now is the best time to go.
- When i become a citizen (early next year) i will be eligible for a first time buyers allowance
- It's so easy to meet good people and they seem to care about people and it's not about them
- They have the catamaran water taxis and at sunset and night time, it is beautiful to see it all
- My boxes were already packed, i was ready to go
- Like Warren Buffet when he is figuring out if a deal is good, 'If the choice is not screaming at you, dont do it', well the autoimmunity of Brisbane was screaming at me
- I can always come back to Melbourne, if the worst comes to worst
- There is some of the best surf breaks in the world
- I can get a $25 flight to Melbourne, it's cheaper to fly there than put fuel in you car in Melbourne and drive to the beach
- The airport in the Gold coast is next to Collengatta beach and the hostel is near the beach
- I had one of the best days in my life at Dream world, i went on all the rides, again and again and ...
Do i need to go on?